Giving back has become a cornerstone value of the Rising Tide Society community. For our Philanthropy 2015 month of service, TuesdaysTogether chapters around the world met to serve others locally and globally. It was inspiring to see the different initiatives each community decided to undertake. Our Philanthropy 2015 impact included:
- Packing over 15,000 meals for the hungry children with Feeding Children Everywhere.
- Volunteered at Faces of Hope to photograph portraits for lower income families in Columbus, Ohio.
- Wrote hundreds of letters to members of our military, the elderly, and children in children’s hospitals.
- Shoveled dirt for planters to support a local food movement and urban farm education center in Augusta, Georgia.
- Donated supplies to House of Hope, a shelter for women and their children.
- Collected formula for Jake’s Diapers, an organization that provides cloth diapers to orphanages and villages around the world.
- Donated art supplies to Big Brothers Big Sisters in Sacramento.
- Bagged over 2,000 Thanksgiving dinners in Las Vegas for families in need.
- Yard work at Jacob’s House, a home that takes in out of town families who have loved ones in ICU and need a place to sleep or shower.
- Sorted toys and clothes at Open Door Mission.
- Created over 30 pairs of shoes for children in Uganda via a partnership with Sole Hope.
And the list goes on! In addition to the November philanthropy 2015 projects, we were able to donate over $20,000 in proceeds from the inaugural Rising Tide Society Summit. We’re thankful for a community that is dedicated to serving others. We can’t wait to see the impact these groups make on their communities in 2016!