The Rising Tide Gift Guide is back this year, and we’re proud to promote 60 amazing artisans, artists and independent businesses. We’ve hand-selected 10 businesses each within six different categories to help you find the perfect gifts for your clients, employees, family, friends and more!
Shop small this holiday season and find something special for everyone on your list. Plus, by helping us to spread the word about this year’s guide, you can do your part to give back and support local communities in need.
How to Give Back This Year
In the same spirit of gifting to others, join us in giving back to the broader community. In recognition of National Philanthropy Day on November 15, we’re supporting Direct Relief in its mission of providing humanitarian support in the wake of natural and man-made disasters.
For every social share of our gift guide between this Monday, November 15 and Sunday, November 21, we’re donating $1 each up to $5,000. When you share your support of independent businesses by shopping the gift guide, you’ll also be helping us all give back to others.
Shop the Categories:
- Stationery & Art
- Home & Lifestyle
- Accessories & Clothing
- Gift Subscriptions & Gift Boxes
- Books & Planners
- Business Resources
Stationery & Art
Say more this year with a special note on custom stationery. These independent business owners throughout the U.S. and abroad are artists and designers with unique styles. Whether you’re looking for abstract art or quirky designs, we’ve made sure there’s something for everyone.
- 7th and Palm – Eco-friendly artwork, greeting cards, gifts and home goods.
- ArtbyPunam – Textured dreamscape paintings on Christmas cards and handpainted wooden baubles.
- Audie Rose Design – Custom greeting cards and stationery, including holiday tags and wrapping paper.
- BODE GOODS – Hand-drawn maps and art prints.
- Colette Paperie – Hand-lettered cards and stationery printed in-house.
- Destinee Stark – Social justice advocate turning words into art. Ethically made illustrations and gifts.
- Exit343Design – Gifts, cards and prints celebrating the quirky moments in everyday life.
- Hello Allison Art – Abstract art prints and stationery packs.
- Kacie Landis Art – Original fine art prints cut by hand.
- Lickety Split Press – Press-printed art prints, cards and coasters.
Home & Lifestyle
The last two years have ushered in change for all of us. Take a moment this holiday season to give the gift of home comforts and lifestyle gifts. Whether you know someone who has moved, adopted pets or just needs a little pick me up, these personalized gifts remind us all to enjoy life’s delights.
- Second Breakfast Honey by Carrie Swails – Sustainably produced raw honey.
- Camino Woodshop – Handcrafted wooden pieces for kitchen and home.
- On Ya Garden – Handcrafted copper or steel trellises and plant sticks, modern macrame plant hangers, and plant journals.
- The Opera Dolls – Plush musical dolls that play the opera when you squeeze their bellies.
- Click Bloom – Desert inspired prints, pins, stickers and gifts.
- Guy Fox – Premium quality cologne and candles hand made in the U.S.
- Daisy Lane Botanicals – Bath botanicals inspired by the magic of nature.
- KarmaLit Candles – Premium, eco-friendly candles made without additives or phthalates.
- Toronto Dog Moms – Lifestyle products for pet parents.
- Made for Mama Shop – Handlettered mugs and home goods created for sweet moments and happy hearts.
Accessories & Clothing
Help your loved ones express themselves with handmade and independently owned apparel and accessories. One of the best parts of shopping small is that you can find unique items that you can’t get anywhere else. Give your own wardrobe a boost and add these to your holiday wish list as well!
- If You Know Co. – Apparel with history and culture.
- Black Women Moguls – Accessories and apparel inspired by a community of women entrepreneurs.
- Chip Dizard Studios – Shirts by Chip Dizard Studios to inspire you to Get Stuff Done.
- Beachdashery – Custom sand jewelry from your favorite beach.
- Little Clay Moon – Heirloom quality handcrafted porcelain and wearable art.
- Love Peridot – Accessories and gifts curated with the ambitious in mind.
- Ringed – Ethical, handmade and sustainable jewelry made for all bodies.
- SWSS – Turning moments into wearable memories.
- Words for a Season – Custom calligraphy temporary tattoos.
- Zandra Illustration – Children’s illustrations and character design as pins and stickers.
Gift Subscriptions & Gift Boxes
Not sure what to get someone this year? A gift subscription or gift box can be the best way to add more variety to your gifting. Perfect for clients or loved ones, these gift boxes all have a unique touch, and they’re packaged with care to add an element of personalization.
- EthicGoods – Handcrafted gifts providing economic empowerment for women who have escaped human trafficking.
- FAVORNIRS – Full-service, premium gifting for all occasions.
- La Box Gift Shop – Creative gift boxes made with flowers and decadent strawberries.
- Laurelbox – Heartfelt sympathy gifts.
- Local Bliss Box – Luxury gifting, locally curated with artisan makers.
- MastersPieces – Intentional gifts to fit your lifestyle.
- LoveMo – Reframing the image of self care with personalized gift boxes.
- Virginia Dare Dress Co. – Timeless gift packages with handwritten notes.
- White Spruce Market – Inspired gifts designed to make your heart go pitter-patter.
Books & Planners
If you run your own business, you know how important it is to stay organized and inspired. Books and planners can be the perfect gift for other business owners in your network or even the best gift to give yourself. Shop from a variety of organizational planners, yearly calendars, business books and more.
- Built to Belong by Natalie Franke – Discover the power of community over competition.
- Shanti & Co. – Notebooks and planner inserts for budgeting, weekly calendars, notes and more.
- The Reset Workbook by SoCurious – A fun, interactive guide for setting and reaching your goals.
- Hello, It’s Me Money Mindset Journal – The easiest way to change your life and get your money sh*t together in just 10 minutes a day.
- Perfect Pitches by Precious L. Williams – The “Bad Bitches and Power Pitches” book and workbook.
- Routine & Things – Notebooks and planners for every routine, including cleaning, cooking, planning and more.
- Transform Your Stories by Ashley Cox of Sprout HR – Overcome Your Toxic Stories, Become a Courageous and Confident Leader, and Impact the World.
- The Eule Planner by Kerstin Martin LLC – The popular planner specifically designed for online entrepreneurs.
- The Replenish Self Care Planner by Love Offering – For the busy person trying to incorporate self-care into their daily life.
- The Connection Method by Kelsey Kurtis – Create an impactful method through the power of connection.
Our last category this year includes some of the best gifts you can ask for as an independent business owner. The gift of business resources is something that has a lifetime value, and it’s truly a gift that keeps on giving. These resources are perfect for every industry, whether you’re looking for marketing, strategy, accounting or more.
- Styled Photoshoot 101 by Abeki Carter Consultation – Putting a styled shoot together takes a lot of planning and coordination so imagine if you had all the steps broken down into an easy to follow checklist.
- Club Content Batching by Amanda Warfield, LLC – Part course, part group-coaching program – Club Content Batching is your comprehensive guide for growing your income and your audience.
- The Etsy Success Course by Brynna Osh Coaching – Imagine learning from all of Etsy top sellers – meaning the people who make six figures annually with their Etsy shop (and sometimes even more!) and compiling all of their experience and tips into one course.
- Wedding Planner Academy by Chancey Charm – Feel confident, empowered, and supported while you build the wedding business of your dreams.
- SEO Kickstart Guide by Joanna Moss Creative – Make your website more visible in search result pages. Learn how to drive more traffic to your website and convert those viewers to customers.
- Instagram Square Graphics by Our Polished Pages – 30 Instagram square templates designed to increase visibility and encourage engagement on your Instagram page so you can attract more dream clients to work with you.
- Revamp the ‘Gram by TANIcollective – Everything you need to activate the creative genius in you to revamp your brand on Instagram and finally build a loyal and engaged following to grow your business.
- The Anatomy of Automation by The OBM Office/Quitting Corporate – Become an in demand tech virtual assistant & acquire one of the top skills service providers use to triple their income.
- Build a Bundle of Trello Templates by The Organized CEO – Whether you’re brand new to Trello or have been using it for years, these templates will walk you step-by-step through organizing things you probably haven’t even thought of yet.
- Quickbooks Made Easy by Tidy Books – How to set up and use Quickbooks for your Photography Business.